Head of School Welcome
Welcome to Lonesome Primary School!
On behalf of the Lonesome Primary School community, I am delighted to welcome you to our website. As a school, we aim to provide children with a happy, secure, safe and stimulating learning experience. We believe that all children have the right to be respected and have the responsibility to learn how to respect others. We are a Rights Respecting School and are very proud of that fact.
Our school strives to reach the highest possible standard in everything we do and in doing this, support children to become confident, independent learners with a thirst to continually learn and do better. We want all of our children to ‘Believe, Achieve, Succeed’.
The staff and governors at Lonesome Primary School are fully committed to providing the best possible education for all our children. We value and respect each child’s background and experience so that we can develop the whole child.
We aim to do this by:
- ensuring pupils make substantial and sustained progress, developing excellent knowledge and understanding
- ensuring that our pupils develop a love for learning and are resilient, curious and thoughtful learners
- instilling the values of mutual trust, respect and tolerance where prejudice in any form is not tolerated
- encouraging children to express their thoughts, feelings and opinions in a safe environment, making considered choices to support their own and others’ physical, mental and emotional well-being
- engendering a sense of belonging within, and responsibility for the world around them in both the local and global context
- developing a community where staff, children and parents work together for the benefit of all
I hope you find the information on our website helpful. It aims to give you an insight into our school community, however to fully experience the happy atmosphere and sense of purpose evident in our school, you are more than welcome to visit. If you would like to arrange a visit, please call the office to book a convenient time.
Ms J Revell
Head of School